Published on February 12, 2021
If anyone in your household had a Marketplace plan in 2020, you should have received Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace® Statement, by mail from the Marketplace (not the IRS). After confirming that it’s accurate, be sure to store it with important tax information, like W-2 forms and other records, so that you can easily find it when you’re ready to file.
How to find Form 1095-A online
If it didn’t arrive in the mail or you can’t find it, check your HealthCare.gov account by following these steps:
- Log in to your HealthCare.gov account.
- Under “Your Existing Applications,” select your 2020 application — not your 2021 application.
- Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
- Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.
If it isn’t there, contact the Marketplace Call Center.
What to do with Form 1095-A
- You can’t file your federal taxes without Form 1095-A. You’ll need it to “reconcile” — find out if there’s any difference between the premium tax credit you used in 2020 and the amount you qualify for.
- Before you do anything, check to make sure it’s right.
- If you already filed with an incorrect form, you may need to file an amended tax return using the information on your corrected 1095-A.