Published on June 1, 2017
If you gave birth or adopted a baby in the past 60 days, you may qualify for a
to enroll in or change Marketplace health plans for the rest of 2017. Your new coverage can start the day of the birth or adoption—even if you enroll in the plan up to 60 days afterward.
Enroll through a Special Enrollment Period
- To apply for Marketplace coverage for the rest of 2017 through a Special Enrollment Period, create an account or log into an existing one.
- You may be asked to submit documents, like a birth certificate, to confirm the birth or adoption.
More on Special Enrollment Periods
- Having a baby isn’t the only that qualifies you to enroll in a plan outside Open Enrollment.
- You may also be eligible if you’ve had other life changes, like getting married, moving, or losing health coverage you had through a job.
- Answer a few questions to see if you qualify.
Learn more about getting coverage outside Open Enrollment.